HomeAbout MeHomeAbout Me

5.03.2010

Bloomsday 2010


So we survived Bloomsday
I wasn't sure what the hype was about
and since this was only
my 2nd race ever
I didn't have much to compare it to
Doomsday Hill was not that bad
the hills before it
SUCKED

There were a TON
of walkers
who I thought were
supposed to be in RED
as walkers
so we had to do a LOT of
dodging of people
like off the road
on the sidewalk
or whatever trail was there
dodging
We (DH ran with me)
got to
MILE 1
in record time
I thought
Oh this will be easy!
UH NOT!
Mile 2 and still dodging
Frustrating
and
energy sucking
I then had to pee
seriously I had to by
Mile 1
but really had to
at 2
(so did hubs)
and the lines were long
at least 8 minutes
SHOT!
Then there was a hill
finally water about 2.5
or felt like it
might have been sooner
another hill
then we finally get a groove
and are doing well
feeling great
another hill
more water
Mile 5!
don't remember if that
was after
Doomsday Hill
or before
Mile 6-7 totally walked
there were
so.many.people
half mile to go
walk another 1/4 mile
then I hear some guy say
only a 1/4 mile to go!
We.can.do.this!!!

We did manage to run across the finish line
it helped that the last 100+ yards was
DOWNHILL!

Overall it was a good time
liked that hubs went
learned:
~drink more water
the night before
not the morning of
~not to eat tacos
the night before
and
~to lie about how long it
will take to finish so
I can actually be
 with fellow runners
and not with the walkers


No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks so much for stopping by! Happy running!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...