HomeAbout MeHomeAbout Me

3.23.2011

Enjoy the Journey




I am back up and running.
Discharged from physical therapy yesterday!
Running pain free.
Today my body was tired.
Heavy tired.
The sun was GORGEOUS.
The wind not bad.
I loaded the kids and their bikes
so I could get my 4 miles.
I took it very easy.
15 minute mile easy
I wanted to Enjoy the Journey.
Feel the sun on my face.
Hear the birds
The trail ends and we end up in a neighborhood
in Stoneridge (golf community)
There were two little Kenyan children.
Standing so still I thought they were statues.
The girl, about 4, spoke to me.
I didn’t respond because I wasn’t sure
what she said.
Louder…
“DO YOU KNOW JESUS!?"
“Well Yes I do! Do You?”
“YES!!”
“AWESOME” I said.
Melt my heart!
On the way back my kids had gone on ahead.
This time the girl asked if they were my kids
I said “Yep.”
“Why they not in school?”
“I am their teacher” I said…”they do school at home”
“Oh”
That was sufficient apparently.
I really did more fast walking than even jogging today
Enjoying the journey.
Enjoying my kids.
Enjoying being asked if
I know Jesus!
We even stopped for a little picnic.
I blogged over at my homeschool blog
about throwing rocks and nature sketching.
Remember to
Enjoy the journey
Don’t get so caught up
in paces and distance
that running becomes a chore.
At least that is what I did for today.
Tomorrow may be a completely different
story.

2 comments:

  1. What a great visual you shared! Would have loved a day like that!
    I've Become My Mother
    Kelly's Ideas
    Amazing Salvation

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Katey! Thanks for the comments and the follow. I'm excited to read more of your blogs@ Oh, and I was homeschooled. :)

    ReplyDelete

thanks so much for stopping by! Happy running!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...