HomeAbout MeHomeAbout Me

5.02.2011

Bloomsday 2011~and a PR

0501010904What is a trip to the city without a

bus ride?

0501010923Me and my bloggy friend Dawn

this was Dawn’s first Bloomsday

&

first race EVER

She kicked some serious tushdownsized_0501010948blue section

0501010949

of course if you get hot

just throw your clothes

up into a tree

you know

like you do

I started out pretty strong

although, again, lots of people dodging

then a complete bottleneck

where we just about stopped

I didn’t have to

stop to pee

until mile 3ish

then again at the top of the hill

as a safety measure

so I could

actually try to run

I need a running diaper

it was ridiculous!

0501011111Top of Doomsday Hill

0501011156

Me and my man

he was hurt so we didn’t run together

he ended up only being 2-3 minutes behind me

0501011249

note to self: check the bunching of the shirt

downsized_0501011248

the ugly shirts

I don’t do yellow lol

Overall I am pleased

I did PR

last year was

2:07:42

this year

1:53:19

I didn’t enjoy the journey

I was so caught up in a PR

that I didn’t

‘stop to smell the roses’
Not that I would literally

Plus I wasn’t with my man

Next year I hope to break 1:30

No big deal if I don’t

Ya right!

 

1 comment:

  1. Great job on Bloomsday! I agree that the shirts are ugly! I'll wear mine anyway.

    ReplyDelete

thanks so much for stopping by! Happy running!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...