HomeAbout MeHomeAbout Me

10.02.2011

You, Go Girl

 

September 18th I ran

well, wogged

(walked/jogged)

You, Go Girl half

in Tacoma.

I was going to re-cap

the race.

I finished.

I was a tad faster

than See Jane,

but you see

I received a phone call at

6 the next morning.

My mother had passed away.

I was at my besties house near Seattle.

I was 6 hours from home.

My younger two were en-route to Alaska

on a cruise with my MIL.

My hubs was home.

My older two lead their own lives.

We were NOT together.

Suddenly, finishing my 2nd

half marathon seemed so

unimportant.

I hadn’t talked to mom

to tell her

I finished.

So.

I know I often take blog breaks.

I haven’t run since the race.

I do know this.

I won’t stop running.

I want to run a marathon

when I am 80!

Mom was 81.

So

please bare with me as I

have been quiet here

and on my

other blog

MamaKautz.com

I will be back!

1 comment:

thanks so much for stopping by! Happy running!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...