rthe hubs and I decided to run Bloomsday
a mere 12K
I started to train
(read walk the treadmill at the gym)
I made it a mile
then I actually wogged
(my friends word for walk/jog)
I wogged my first 5K on the mill
I was SOLD
Then I signed up for Race For The Cure
in honor of my cousin
I will be running this alone
I am okay that I am a loner on my team
I found out I don't like running with people
like in a group
I am there to run not visit
I barely have enough energy to run
much less TALK and RUN
So I am now training for a half marathon
Training meaning I am looking at a little piece of paper
with a 10 week guide on it
from some website I found when googling
Half Marathon Training
I was surprised the google page didn't come up
Come Again??
or
Are you Nuts?
It tells me how far to go each day
I am now happy when I 'only' have to go 3 miles
I am still a wogger
but I read somewhere as long
as you are mostly jogging
you are a runner
There is a half at the end of May
in Coeur d Alene
there is one in September
in Sandpoint
I am shooting for May....
you know cause
I have nothing else to do with my time
So that is how it started....why I run
No comments:
Post a Comment
thanks so much for stopping by! Happy running!