HomeAbout MeHomeAbout Me

4.19.2010

my 1st 5K

this was my first race
I had no idea what to expect
It was really a family event
so if all races have this
many kids in them
my running career is
OVER

Started out well enough
the walkers were way back behind us
chipped runners went first
The rest of us finally get moving
and I went to the side to get away from the people
that was something new too
running with others
My goal for this race wasn't so much to finish
hello, just a
5K!
It was to NOT WALK
I did this to honor my cousin Jamie

The water stations slowed me down
there weren't enough
people handing out water
which I NEEDED (the water)
I used that as an excuse to slow down
but not walk

I passed mile 1
this is where, in my head,
I need to walk
it's a wall for me
I didn't walk

I got passed
a lot
but by a walker
with legs as long
as I am tall
whatever
I was slow and study

there was a small hill
and thought
CRAP
I didn't walk

what goes up must come down
I was most excited
to have a down hill
when we looped around

My NIKE+ says
2K to go

Still moving
slow but not walking

kids are everywhere and
in.the.way!
and jogging strollers
not sure they should be allowed
just sayin'

So my NIKE+ says 5K
and the finish line isn't in site
WTH!
okay
 I want to WALK
my thighs feel like jello
and I see
my love
He walked so he could see me
on the course
I LOVE HIM!
it was just enough for me to
keep going
Then my son
yells
GO MOM!

Mind you this was
'just' a 5K
not a marathon
or even
a half

but
 I
DID
NOT
WALK!

3 months ago I
could barely walk 5K

so to me this was
a HUGE
thing.

here are some pictures
that my son took

only pink shirt I had....wish somebody had told me it was too small!
I am down 10 lbs since starting in January
thought it would come off faster....whatever

real men wear pink!
survior balloon release

crossed the finish line!





No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks so much for stopping by! Happy running!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...