HomeAbout MeHomeAbout Me

11.01.2010

Pumpkin 5K with my daughter

 

 

I was excited to have a running partner.

Saturday E and I got up and got ready.

We had laid out our running gear the night

before so we wouldn’t

be rushed.

I forgot she is 13.

Uh…just put a hat on and let’s go!

We got to the race with plenty of time

to spare…ie potty breaks and costume observing.

She is a black and white type person so when

the race started 10 minutes late she

was annoyed.

Mind you this was a

FUN RUN and it was FREE

The race finally starts

and

she takes off!

I wave her on…so much for bonding.

She is about an inch taller

than I am

and legs as long as I am tall…

well okay

but her stride is definitely longer than mine.

She ended up with foot pain and walked a good deal.

And still beat me.

My energy and lungs were

saying

LET’S GO

my knee was saying

Uh nope sorry!

Whatever.

I still finished around the same

time as I have

every.other.5K

Someday I will beat 40 minutes

Until then

I will be in my daughters dust

which is fine

Because lunch afterwards was bonding too

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks so much for stopping by! Happy running!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...