HomeAbout MeHomeAbout Me

11.24.2010

Boo Ya! I PR’d

 

I ran a Turkey Trot Saturday.

I woke up feeling great.

Had a cup of coffee before leaving the house

then refilled for the 40 minute drive to CdA.

I was well rested.

I have been doing the 30 Day Shred

and I fully believe it helped me.

I am (feeling) stronger all over, not just my legs.

I tried to suck down an energy gel

GAG

I will stick with cheweys

It was a brisk 25ish and a little breezy

I was okay with that. I chose not to wear

my light jacket

instead I had on a tech shirt under

my Race for the Cure

long sleeved –ahem- cotton t-shirt

I also wore running pants

with shorts OVER them

so nobody had to look at my

big ‘ol butt in tights

I was set!

They let us go in waves…

I was in the last wave of 5K’rs

and since I am a 12 min mile

I thought for sure I would be last

I wasn’t

I was at about the 3.5K when I did the math

and figured out I would be getting a PR.

Not by a few seconds, but a full

2 MINUTES! (2:19 actually)

I felt like I had WON the race

Such a great feeling to PR!!

I compare it to my first race finish

While there won’t be another

first ever race

I do get to PR again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks so much for stopping by! Happy running!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...