I am sitting here wondering, pondering.
Why?
Why in January of this year
did I finally start
this journey.
And why
is everyday a struggle
to get it done?
My first 5K on the treadmill took
almost an hour!
It was still 3.1 miles!
I had never walked or jogged
that far in my life.
The Saturday before Thanksgiving
I did it in 38 something!
My body is smaller
than it was in January.
I have lost weight and inches.
I feel great!
So why everyday do I
HATE IT?
Running on the treadmill is fine
it is the ice and ibuprofen
I hate.
It is the creaking and stiffness
getting out of the chair.
I am not so old that
I should be creaking.
Am I?
If you have the answers please share!
Off to ponder more…maybe even Shred
Hi! It's 'healthyfor100' from twitter :) Have you tried strength training? I know once I started focusing on getting my muscles back in shape, they were able to support my joints and bones so much more efficiently that the after runs soreness just about completely disappeared! Good Luck!
ReplyDeleteHey, just saw your post on my Twitter from the Turkey Trot. Sportymam70. Just wanted to say, GOOD FOR YOU for getting out in the cold and running that day.
ReplyDeleteYou did what most people would not, and that should be applauded.
The running does get easier. Your body will start to crave it. Agree on what previous comment said about strength. Altho, it sounds like you are on your way with the Shred.
I see you homeschool as well. Me too! =)
Just wanted to say HELLO! And keep up your great work!